This course is a specific look at the particular nutrition issues that vegan athletes and exercisers face.
We are delighted to announce that this course will use TouchCast interactive technology.
TouchCast allows us to embed videos, images, PDFs and quizzes within the course.
It alllows a more fun and interactive experience for the user.
At the end of my course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the specific nutrition issues that vegan athletes and exercisers face.
• Identify specific nutrient deficiencies that vegans face.
• Identify supplements and ergogenic aids that can be beneficial to vegan athletes.
• Reflect on their current diet and identify areas for improvement.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for:
• Vegan athletes of all sports
• Vegan fitness enthusiasts
• Vegans who do resistance training, HIIT training etc
• Coaches of vegan athletes
• Parents of younger vegan athletes
Who should not take this course?
• Experienced vegan athletes and coaches of vegan athletes who already have a good understanding of sports nutrition.
• Sports dietitians and nutritionists
What will participants need to know or do before starting the course?
In order to complete this course, we ask that participants have an open mindset and are willing to make changes to their diet in order to improve their health, body composition and performance.
• Classification of different vegetarian and vegan dietary patterns
• Common nutrient deficiencies in vegetarians and vegans
• Source of energy during high intensity exercise
• Sources of healthy and less healthy carbohydrates
• Effect of fibre on satiety
• Difficulty of vegan athletes hitting carbohydrate intake
• Guide to Carbohydrate Intake
• Function of protein
• Lack of essential amino acids (EEA) in plant based diet
• How to improve intake of EAA on a vegan diet
• Importance of the EAA leucine in building muscle.
• Complementary proteins for vegans
• Protein requirements for vegan athletes
• Guide to High Protein Plant Foods
• Food sources for vegans
• Improving Omega-3 intake in vegans
4. Energy Intake
• Introduction to energy balance
• Common energy balance issues with vegan athletes
• Relative Energy Deficiency Syndrome (RED-S)
• Importance of periodically measuring energy intake and energy expenditure to avoid large energy deficits
Common vitamin deficiencies in vegan athletes:
• Vitamin B12
• Vitamin D
Common mineral deficiencies in vegan athletes:
Supplements that may be beneficial for vegan athletes:
• Plant based protein powders
• Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) & Leucine
• Creatine loading strategies for vegans
• Beta-alanine loading strategies for vegans
8. Increasing Nutrient Bio-availability in Food
Methods to improve nutrient bio-availability in a vegan diet:
• Food Pairing
Can I try the course first before buying?
Yes, you can try out our free Taster course that gives you access to four modules (Introduction, Carbohydrate, Energy Balance and Improving Nutrient Availability) at no cost.
If you like what you see, you can purchase the full course.
You will not be asked to enter your credit card information, and there is no obligation to purchase the course when you've finished the free Taster.
Try For Free!
How does it work?
When you sign-up for the course, you will receive an email asking you to download an app called PracticeBetter.
This app is the platform on which the course is delivered. Once you have created an account, you will be able to access the course material.
If you have any questions about the course content, you can message Kevin via the chat functionality in the app.
You also have access to a food diary, which allows you to log food and calculate macro and micro-nutrient intake.
How much does it cost?
The course costs €25 (inc. VAT). This gives you 3 months access to the course content, as well as downloadable bonus content.
We have a special offer for people who register on this course - get 50% discount off the Sports & Exercise Nutrition Course.
You will get access to the discount code once you register and pay for the course.
I can't afford to pay the full fee?
No problem. The payment page allows you to pay in installments if you can't afford to pay the full fee.
What if I have questions about any of the content or need help applying to my training and sport?
The PracticeBetter app allows you to message Kevin directly and ask him any questions you wish.